Yes, folks, here it is…the dreaded body image post that seems to be required of ever female’s blog. For damn good reason. I could go on and on about body image issues, the media/society’s roles in our insecurities, the patriarchy and so on, but today I shall refrain. Today is going to be more reflective, and hopefully more positive.
I had a “bad” day today in terms of body image. Man did I feel gross and fat and worthless. But in my quest to start loving myself better I decided to focus on what I love about my body instead. I invite you all to do the same.
- My natural hair color is awesome. I can’t believe I used to dye it and fuck with it. It’s gorgeous. Great brown coloring with subtle but varied highlights.
- My hair can hold a curl like a BOSS.
- My skin tone is relatively even, and my freckles are cute but not so overbearing that they distract from my other features. Perf.
- I love my bold eyebrows. I never need to fill them or anything and they frame my face like the motherfuckin Aarons Brothers. Yeah, I did just make that joke.
- My cheekbones are on point!
- To quote Larry the Cucumber, I love my lips!
- Overall, my face carries makeup well, which I’m grateful for since I like to try out new looks when I can.
- My collarbones are hawt. I’ve always loved them.
- I complain about my boobs a lot (they are big, and they hurt my back) but at least I have them.
- Do I got a booty? I doooooooo!
- My elbows are bony and pointy. I accidentally hurt Jared a lot. BUT! Growing up, if my cousins or other male cohorts were beating me up or something…I could certainly defend myself. Elbows FTW!
- I like my knees. For similar reasons. Also they’re just nice.
- My calves are the bomb. In fact, so are my thighs. Those guys totally get me through the day. They help me walk mountains. Literally.
- Same goes for my feet.
Anyway, that was my gratuitous self-love list. Damn am I hot.